Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Power and Weakness

Definitely not going to be a long post tonight, but I am amazed at the bluntness with which God speaks at times. My prayer tonight was very short, sweet and to the point, "Why do I have the level of shyness that I have and can you please take it away from me?" The answer was similarly short, sweet and to the point. I looked to my left and realized the Bible was open. The heading? A Thorn in the Flesh. The verse? 2 Corinthians 12:8-9, "Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." How did I ever think I could live my life on my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment